Individual Investor Program (IIP)
The IIP was launched by the government of Malta in 2014 in order to grant Maltese citizenship to foreign investors and families, who contribute to the economic development of Malta. The investor must fulfill the following requirements in order to obtain Maltese citizenship:
- Contribution to the National Development and Social Fund (NDSF) of EUR 650,000
- Investment of at least EUR 150,000 in government-approved bonds / shares
- Purchase of a property in Malta for at least EUR 350,000 or lease for five years or more with a minimum annual rent of EUR 16,000
The number of grants under the IIP is limited to 1,800 per year and applicants are subject to a thorough due diligence process which aims at establishing that only fit persons hold Maltese citizenship.
Application for the IIP (IIP) must be submitted accompanied by the following documents:
- Health certificate
- Certificate of no criminal conviction
- Evidence that the applicants are fit and proper persons
- An undertaking to remit the required contribution to the NDSF
- An undertaking to purchase or lease property
- An undertaking to make other required investments
Malta Residency by Investment Program (MRVP)
Another way to residency permit in Malta is recently introduced e-residence card that entitles to travel within the European Union without visa. The applicant should own a property in Malta with value not less than EUR 320,000 or rent a property with rental fee not less than EUR 12,000 per annum. The second requirement is an investment with an initial value of EUR 250,000. The issued e-residence card is monitored during five years on an annually basis and after that every five years.
We partner with dedicated practice teams in Malta in assessing prospects of success of citizenship and residence applications, sourcing real estate and stock brokers, preparation of documents and liaising with Maltese institutions during the application process.
for free eligibility assessment