The release of announcements on Individual Income Tax (IIT) law in China has sparked a discussion on how companies with offices in China and individuals working there should adapt to these drastic changes. The amendments are so vast, that the current IIT reform is already considered the biggest in 38 years. The new rules took full effect on 1 January 2019, they will regulate the use of taxpayer identification number, tax residence rule, guidelines on additional itemised deductions, comprehensive income tax, annual reconciliation filing and preferential tax treatments, etc.
In this seminar we will share with you our analysis and interpretations of the PRC Individual Income Tax Reform 2019 and its impact on companies and individuals working in China. A light lunch and a Q&A session are included.
The seminar is suitable for Tax, Human Resource and Finance professionals who are new to Chinese Individual Income Tax or want to fill in gaps in their knowledge.
We will discuss:
- New 6-year rule
- IIT withholding calculation methods applicable to resident and non-resident taxpayers
- New IIT declaration requirements
- Eligibility for the additional itemized deductions
- General anti-avoidance rules
The seminar will be held in English.
Date and time: 26 March 2019, Tuesday, 12.30 - 14.00
Venue: 901-3, 9th Floor, Jubilee Centre, 18 Fenwick Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Price: HKD 500. Includes lunch
Speaker: Anthony Hung, International Tax Director of Masson de Morfontaine, HKICPA, with over 20 years of practical tax experience in both in-house and professional firm senior tax roles, previously with Pricewaterhouse Coopers, KPMG, Philips and BDO.
or contact us for other registration and payment options
By registering for the seminar, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All enrolment applications are subject to Masson de Morfontaine’s (hereinafter MDM) final approval
- Once an enrolment application is submitted, cancellation is not allowed
- Seminar will be postponed if Hong Kong Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted within two hours before the commencement time. Participants will later be notified details of the substitute session
- NO unauthorized audio or video recording is allowed in the seminar
- MDM reserves the right to change the dates, time, venues, contents and/or speakers for the seminar due to unforeseen circumstances
- MDM reserves the right to cancel the seminar due to unforeseen circumstances
- MDM reserves the right to amend the above terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of any disputes, MDM reserves the right to make the final decision
- Personal Data Privacy: Personal data collected from the enrolment process and administration of seminars will be used for the purpose of the administration of the seminar on which applicants are enrolled